Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Salary $110000 - $130000 per year
Consultant Michelle Hernandez
Date posted November 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A leading FinTech company based in Charlotte, North Carolina is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis who is a well-rounded business leader and the go-to person for financial insight. The company has recently gone through their Series C funding and are now looking to build out their Finance function. They are looking for someone who has big company experience and can take full ownership of the function and build out the division.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Building out monthly reporting packages, including leadership / board deck presentations, developing and leveraging KPIs to provide key business insight;
- Solid understanding of GAAP, including key areas like revenue recognition, expense deferrals, debt and equity accounting;
- At least two years’ experience building and leading teams towards operational excellence and continuous improvement, and finding innovative ways to increase effectiveness;
- Working across multiple teams and with different levels of leaders, leading modeling, analysis and making recommendations;
- Leading other ad-hoc finance and business projects, as needed.
To be successful in this position, you must have the following:
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA certification highly desired;
- 8+ years experience, ideally a mix of Public and Private accounting;
- Candidates with Saas company experience highly regarded;
- Proficient in large ERP and advanced Excel skills to build out financial mdoels;
- Preferred experience with a private equity or venture capital fund portfolio company, including an in depth understanding of capitalization structures.