Regulatory Capital Policy specialist
Salary $150,000 - $200,000 per year + Bonus
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Christopher Stringer
JobRef 125462/0012019-11-06 2020-01-05 banking permanent US New York New York 10036 USD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My Client, a large international banking group, is looking to hire a senior Regulatory Capital Policy Professional in their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a successful track record in the Capital Policy space and an understanding of Banking and Financial products to join an exciting and growing area of the business.
This team works closely with the business lines of the impact of these policies upon transactions and new products. The team covers a broad range of businesses and legal entities across a wide rang of transactions and regulatory issues. This role would be covering the review and analysis of the final revisions to the Basel III capital requirements under both US and PRA rules.
The function ensures timely notification and management of new developments in prudential policy regulation which impact the calculations of RWAs, leverage ratio, and capital resources, as well as any related regulatory reporting impacts, and provides policy support as part of advocacy and implementation efforts. The successful candidate will also support business activity throughout the Americas outside the US, including Latin America and Canada. The successful candidate will also form part of certain global subject matter expert (‘SME’) teams from multiple countries providing expert regulatory support.
Core responsibilities of the roles
- Track new policy developments
- Formulate the Group’s regulatory policies; providing detailed practical guidance, distributed to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Produce and review regulatory opinions on complex transactions and new products to ensure compliance with Group regulatory policies;
- Provide technical support and guidance to functions, businesses, and legal entities;
- Provide technical support on the implementation of new regulatory requirements;
- Facilitate the Group’s response to future regulatory developments
- Influence the external development of regulatory policy by writing public responses to new standards, proposed rules, and discussion papers.
- The role will be critical to the analysis and interpretation of the wide-reaching Basel III reforms, which are expected to span a full range of risk types, and to facilitating the firm’s advocacy efforts around any related draft legislation issued by regulators.
Required background and qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of the prudential rules related to the calculation of regulatory capital, RWA - both banking and trading book, leverage ratio, and capital resources
- Understanding of a combination of both US rules and EU rules preferred
- Proven track record in stakeholder management supporting the business
- Ability to work across a multi-location team
- A good understanding of the regulatory treatment of a broad range of products, particularly those related to Global Banking and Markets,
- Ability to act as an advisor and challenger to business lines and other control functions on all aspects of regulatory policy
If you feel you would be interested in this role and open to having a conversation, please don’t hesitate to reach out