Salary $90000 - $115000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Gina Zelko
Date posted September 30, 2016
A newly created Accounting Manager role has arisen within a Leading Global Media and PR Organization, located near Grand Central in New York City! The Accounting Manager will support the VP Finance and Controller, supervising 3 direct reports. The Successfull Candidate for the Accounting Manager role will have a CPA and a mix of Public and Private Accounting Experience.
This organization is a Global Media Entity with an exceptional Finance and Accounting team, and they offer a familial environment with a large variety of additional perks, benefits, and incentives for employees, including a semi-annual bonus, 5 weeks Paid vacation, an automatic 401-K contribution, and coverage of Premium Benefits. They tend to promote frequently from within and devote themselves to their employees' career growth and expansion. Come join this award-winning team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end and year-end close process, helping to ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information and reports under GAAP.
- Maintain general ledger balances by preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue and expense entries, and related reconciliations.
- Examine the transactions and entries posted in the ledgers for accuracy and compliance with established accounting policies and procedures.
- Resolve balance discrepancies and propose adjusting journal entries resulting from reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of various tax return filings (e.g., commercial rent tax, property tax).
- Monitor intercompany transactions and initiate settlements, as needed.
- Prepare weekly and monthly bank reconciliations. Monitor receipts and payments and record adjusting entries, as needed.
- Prepare year-end audit request schedules as required.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems, processes and procedures to enhance the records, documentation, and internal controls of the accounting function.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis, as requested.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- A BS/BA degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related business experience in a medium to large size business
- Mix of public and private accounting experience Required
- Thorough understanding of GAAP fundamentals required
- Strong PC and Microsoft application skills (particularly Excel)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- CPA Required