Senior Finance Manager
Consultant Lauren MacCallum
Date posted October 11, 2016
Currently seeking a Senior Finance Manager within the Construction industry. Looking for an individual to take a lead role for a newly created finance function within the group to lead and grow a team.
As the Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the accounting functions and manage the day-to-day accounts activities. Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Review and assure timely and accurate monthly closings.
- Assisting with the development of a new team
- Prepare financial statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of the company’s financial statements.
- Review the financial statements to analyze trends and spot challenges and opportunities in the financial statements.
- Direct supervision of the Senior Accountant, Billing department, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management and Commissions, Service Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, and the contract Admin.
- Review and amend accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual budget preparations
- Create process improvements
- Assure the accounting personnel maintain proper internal control and security procedures.
- Oversee the training of all appropriate personnel within the accounting department(s).
The business is a well known construction firm based in Midtown Manhattan. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join their finance team as a Controller within a new division of the organization. Our client provides an excellent working environment with a great team culture and benefits.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. You must have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in managing a finance team. Ideally coming from a Construction, property management or Big 4 background.
Apply online today.