Mutual Fund Accountant
Salary $90000 - $135000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted September 30, 2016
My client, a prestigious global investment management firm, is looking to hire in to their rapidly growing fund accounting and analysis team. It is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with an in depth understanding of financial services, and particularly with experience of mutual funds, to progress their career within this firm.
This person will actually gain exposure to a large variety of funds within the organization and will be expected to develop their understanding of other areas. The candidate must have prior mutual fund experience my client looks to develop and diversify the skill sets already within the team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious professional to join a firm with a great working culture that is committed to developing and promoting high achieving employees. They are looking for an individual that will be able to contribute immediately, but also someone that clearly shows growth potential.
This person will be regularly dealing with senior level internal and external stakeholders so strong written verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Design and execute risk focused oversight model that addresses all aspects of Fund Operations including: daily/monthly net asset values, distributions, expense oversight and budgeting, implementation of accounting policies, vendor oversight, issue identification, management and resolution.
- Manage Offshore Team – assist in managing the Funds Offshore team; includes determining procedures and tasks to assign to the offshore team, utilization and performance assessment and review of the work performed
- Financial reporting and disclosure controls – detail review and preparation of supporting analysis for the Funds' financial statements and regulatory filings
- Documentation of walkthroughs and risk assessments – perform and document walkthroughs of significant business processes that impact the financial reporting process. Design controls mappings and risk assessments that will be used as the basis for the financial reporting oversight model
- Accounting Policy- Follow developments in US GAAP relevant to the products’ investments. Provide financial analysis, guidance and counsel to management, as necessary, with regard to interpreting accounting/regulatory policy.
- Fund Regulatory filings, requests and inquiries - review and provide input to all fund-related regulatory filings,
- Management Reporting - development of materials to escalate key issues and status of initiatives
Responsibilities will include;
- Strong academic background with minimum bachelors degree
- CPA required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in financial services/investment management industry or big 4 public accounting firm
- Technical and business knowledge of various Fund structures (e.g., mutual funds, collective investment, UCITs and hedge funds) and activities from an investment, operational, regulatory, accounting and financial reporting perspective
- Strong Financial Reporting background necessary
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and procedures, including in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge and experience across various asset classes (e.g., fixed income, alternatives and equities) and complex instrument types (e.g., derivatives and structured products)
- On going and ad hoc process