Consultant Julia Noellert
Date posted November 8, 2016
We are working with a leader in the biotech space to help them find an Accounting Manager.
- Obtain and maintain financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure effective analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Manage team in coordination of internal reporting, including review of workpapers, and analyses of all accounts.
- Ensure bank reconciliations, are prepared and current for all accounts and prepare monthly account flux analyses.
- Create monthly inventory reconciliations and analyses.
- Assist in daily banking requirements, including accurate and timely processing of transactions.
- Lead external audit process.
- Implement, document and maintain and effective processes.
- Ensure documentation of department processes.
- Manage accounting effort of ERP system and optimize accounting processes.
- Development of accounting function and team, including external consultants.
- Collaborates with the other department managers.
- Assist in revenue recognition and other technical analysis
- Assist the Corporate Controller in the production of financial statements
- Special projects as needed.
- Minimum 6 years progressive work experience with 3+ years Public Accounting firm (Big 4 is ideal) and 4+ years of supervisory management experience outside of public accounting.
- Must have hands-on functional expertise.
- Prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, team player.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Sound analytical and technical skills in accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred (can be inactive), strong knowledge of GAAP is required.