Salary $100000 - $120000 per year + 10% bonus
Location Lake Success
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted October 16, 2016
A newly created Accounting Manager role has just become available at one of the world's fastest growing media organizations based in Lake Success, Long Island. Reporting into the Group Controller, this person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations and building out an entire accounting team.
- Manages monthly close process – responsible for the timely monthly, quarterly, half-year and year-end financial close, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Performs independent general ledger account analysis; verifies accuracy of data and reports and identifies and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Provide schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances communicating variances to Business Financial Management
- Serves as key financial services contact for the Americas finance business partnering team.
- Establishes relationships with and responds to questions and requests from the company’s business finance leads
- Assists in monitoring policies and procedures for assigned departments; identifies control deficiencies and makes recommendations for improvements. Provide consistent compliance with IFRS, Group accounting policies and procedures, and internal control environment.
- Produce working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Assists in field work for areas responsible in preparation of annual financial and annual audits; includes facilitation of “prepared by client" schedules in a timely and accurate manner..
- Trains, evaluates ,manages and develops financial staff in the Finance Shared Services group
- Ad hoc projects, includes assisting in general ledger mapping process on acquisitions and managing changes in legal entity structure
- Accounting degree (CPA preferred but not essential)
- 5 + years of experience in a financial or accounting position.
- Experience managing & developing staff
- Independent worker with strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks and priorities while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using Excel, including formulas and pivot tables with financial modeling skills
- A working knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle, including reporting modules is preferred but not essential