Senior Accounting Manager at Accel Portfolio Company
Location San Francisco
Consultant Julia Noellert
Date posted November 18, 2016
Our client is an accel portfolio company that is actively looking to bring on board a Senior Accounting Manager.
- Own the financial close process in accordance with US GAAP, including consolidation and elimination, and account reconciliations.
- Implement and record internal accounting policies to GAAP compliance.
- Take on responsibilities of corporate accounting operations including AP, AR and GL
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP accounting policies.
- Support annual audit engagements.
- Review all expense activity including the employee reimbursement and ensure compliance with Travel and Expense Policy.
- Assist with budget reporting and analyses.
- Coordinate preparation of tax returns.
- Perform projects as assigned by the CFO
- Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting from a top-tier school required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience, with experience at start-up company preferred.
- Accounting background, knowledge of how an accounting transaction affects income statements.
- Solid understanding of SaaS revenue principles in accordance with GAAP
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Quickbooks and Netsuite desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of the team with a professional attitude.