Corporate Cost Analyst
Salary $65000 - $75000 per year + +10% Bonus
Consultant Lauren MacCallum
Date posted April 6, 2017
Currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join a growing team. Looking for an individual to take a lead role in performing the contract-related percent accounting, report and monitor on contract financial results as well as maintain inventory accounting and contracts.
Our client is a leading contractor based in Connecticut. Due to recent growth they are looking to add a Cost Accountant to their team, this role is a newly created position. As an organization they pride themselves on a great working environment and team culture and look for individuals who want to grow their career.
As the Cost Account you will be reporting into the Manager of Contract Administration. You responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Overseeing and reviewing the monthly percent completion accounting entries
- Performing month-end close responsibilities related to percentage of completion and inventory accounting, including reconciliations and integrity checks
- Preparing monthly reporting for management review of contract results, including domestic and international contract backlog information
- Reconciling financial forecasts and results for minority-interest share in joint ventures
- Reviewing and analyzing contracts for revenue and cost, including budget versus actual analysis
- Furnishing contract information for internal and external purposes
- Performing other contract administration related activities
- Reviewing and analyzing financial results for manufacturing locations, including inventory-related costs
- Assisting field-users with inventory requests and analysis
- Executing current processes and standard operating procedures, as well as identifying and implementing new processes and procedures as needed
- Serving as liaison between Project Control and Finance departments
- Expected travel is approximately 10%
The successful candidate will have ideally a minimum of 5 years experience with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Business. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work autonomously but also well in a team environment. Having experience with JDEdwards is beneficial for this position.