Hedge Fund Accountant
Salary $70000 - $85000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted April 26, 2017
My Client, a Global Investment Management business, are looking for a Hedge fund Accountant to be based in their Seattle office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in fund accounting to develop their career in a high performing business committed to the development and progression of its staff.
The overall purpose of this team is to provide support to the businesses portfolio management teams and clients. The team has responsibility for all NAV and fund accounting matters across the EMEA and US fund range.
The core function of this role is for a hedge fund accountant to support the businesses single strategy and multi-strategy hedge funds.
- Review NAVs for several of the firm’s alternative investment fund products, including detailed review and analysis of key reconciliations and fee calculations.
- Review portfolio P&L in connection with approval of periodic NAVs.
- Review annual audited financial statements.
- Liaise with funds’ independent auditors and administrators.
- Support required regulatory filings, such as Form PQR, Form PF and AIFMD filings.
- Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions.
- Custom reporting and projects for investor specific needs.
- Partnering and communicating with various internal business units regarding fund products and performance data.
- Group project opportunities related to implementation of new product accounting, operational procedures, and planning / evaluating technology enhancements.
Background and key skills
- BS/BA degree in business administration or accounting, CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, specifically supporting hedge funds.
- Strong working knowledge of various financial instruments (swaps, futures, forwards, etc.) and accounting for those instruments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proper accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation for investment companies.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.