Salary $65000 - $90000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 2, 2017
My Client, a tier one Investment Bank based in New York, is looking to hire a junior regulatory analyst. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with some prior understanding of Banking regulations and/or regulatory reporting to develop their career within a company committed to the progression and development of its staff.
The role will sit within the team with responsibility for the Firms submission of Short Interest reporting, Customer Margin Balances, Portfolio Margin reporting, certain parts of 15c3-1 net capital reporting and certain items in relation to 15c3-3 customer reserve reporting and possession or control. The is role will have the responsibility of monitoring and validating regulatory reporting requirements through comprehensive reviews of these regulatory filings.
The position will involve interaction with Finance, various Operations groups, Middle Office, Technology and outside Regulators to complete regulatory reports and monitor the processes involved in getting accurate data for the reports compiled.
- Completion of Short Interest and Portfolio Margin reporting submitted to FINRA including data validation for accuracy
- Preparation and analysis of data used in submitting the Customer Margin Balances (Form R-1) report to FINRA
- Assist in the compilation of 15c3-1 and 15c3-3 components such as suspense and fails reporting and possession or control
- Ad-hoc projects in regard to new regulatory requirements to ensure that the Firm remains compliant
- On an ongoing basis, identify and work towards implementing process improvements
Background and key skills
- Bachelors degree
- 1+ years Knowledge of FINRA, NASD, NYSE and SEC Rules and Regulations
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and business skills