Salary $55000 - $65000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted June 8, 2017
An international luxury retail business is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team in New York City. They will work closely with the Controller and play a key role in the daily operations of the accounting department.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- General accounts analysis and bank reconciliations.
- Processing monthly journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Preparing Cash Flow reports.
- Analyze, review and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Support in monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and the annual audit.
- Reconcile credit card charges.
- Prepare sales entries in relation to sales, cash receipts, sales tax, shipping and inventory.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2+ years in an accounting position ideally within a retail environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles.
- Previous general leger and reporting experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Exposure to Great Plains would be highly advantageous.