Salary $130000 - $160000 per year + 10% bonus
Location Lake Success
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted October 16, 2016
A newly created Group Controller role has just become available at one of the world's fastest growing media organizations based in Lake Success, Long Island. Reporting into the Vice President of Finance Operations, this person will expected to build an entire finance and accounting team around them hence offering excellent career growth opportunities.
About the Group Controller role:
In ths business critical Group Controller role you will be responsible for directing day-to-day general accounting operations, delivering month-end process including Oracle close, reports and journals; and analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts. Furthermore you will need to ensure that adequate accounting processes and/or applications are in place, as well as making recommendations for improvements.
- Oversees and executes the monthly close process - responsible for timely monthly, quarterly, half-year and year-end financial close including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Performs independent general ledger account analysis; verifies accuracy of data and reports and identifies and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Provide schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances communicating variances to Business Financial Management
- Serves as key financial services contact for the Americas finance business partnering team.
- Establishes relationships with and responds to questions and requests from the company’s business finance leads
- Monitors policies and procedures for assigned departments; identifies control deficiencies and makes recommendations for improvements. Provide consistent compliance with IFRS, Group accounting policies and procedures, and internal control environment. Assists in formulation of accounting policies, coordination of systems and procedures and preparation of operating data and special reports as required.
- Produce working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Oversees field work for areas responsible in preparation of annual financial and annual audits; includes facilitation of "prepared by client" schedules in a timely and accurate manner. Reviews and escalates any proposed audit adjustments and works to keep the cost of the audits at a minimum.
- Hires, trains, evaluates ,manages and develops financial staff in the Finance Shared Services group
- Ad hoc projects, include leading general ledger mapping process on acquisitions and managing changes in legal entity structure
- Accounting degree (CPA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in a financial or accounting position.
- Experience managing & developing staff
- Independent worker with strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks and priorities while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Oracle financials, HFM, Essbase, Hyperion preferred (but not essential)