Operations Controller - Corporate Accounting
Salary $180000 - $260000 per year + Bonus
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted October 17, 2016
My Client , a leading global alternative asset Management firm is seeking a controller for Corporate Operations. This is a senior strategic finance role reporting I to the Global Controller and offers both the opportunity to take on a lot of challenges in this role and progression opportunities as the firm grows.
The role will be responsible for overseeing various corporate accounting functions. The successful applicant must have experience of having worked in a complex business structure with a number of separate entities and must have experience of managing large teams.
Functions that are likely to role under this individual include; expense management & analysis, compensation accounting, corporate accruals, operational general ledger ownership, accounts payable. Accounts receivable
The successful applicant will ideally have the following background and skills:
- Experience as an assistant controller, divisional controller or corporate controller for a large complex organization where cost center allocations are critical to both internal and external segment reporting.
- Experience as a manager, including the ability to hire, mentor and develop a world class operational team.
- Comprehensive experience overseeing multiple accounts payable teams responsible for different business lines and asset classes. • Ability to multi-task and operate in the fast paced environment of a large public company.
- A change agent who has a proven track record of challenging and re-engineering processes to achieve best in class operating models.
- Six sigma process experience a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and ability to manage responsibilities in an environment with strong internal controls.
- A critical thinking and thought leader who can serve as a key member of the management team working closely with the Global Controller, Corporate Chief Accounting Officer, and Global Chief Financial Officer.
- A fluid communicator that is confident presenting to all levels of associates from C-level suite to clerical staff.
- Ability to build confidence of senior management by giving expert advice and building good working relationship.
- Demonstrable experience in leveraging a global ERP system utilizing multi-currency transactions and automated workflow
My client is looking for a candidate with a minimum of 10 years experience and with a CPA ideally with some history of both public and private accounting.