Salary $90000 - $120000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted October 18, 2016
A boutique brokerage house is looking for a Financial Controller for a broad accounting role that will provide a lot of exposure across different areas of the business and to senior figures. There will be a lot of interaction with internal stakeholders in Latin America so the successful candidate must be fluent in Spanish.
This is a great opportunity for the applicant to come in to a great working environment within a firm that is committed to the progression and professional development of its staff.
As well as requiring a Spanish speaker, they would prefer this candidate to either have already passed series 27 & series 3 examination or to show an active interest in taking these.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare and file 1FR Filling for Introducing Broker and all related reports
- Prepare monthly financial reports for SEF and all related reports
- Prepare and file quarterly reports for 2 broker dealers
- Supervision and responsibility of the books and records of the broker dealers
- Manage, prepare and file consolidated tax returns, related computations and or filings
- Manage monthly expense reports
- Manage interaction between foreign affiliates and their needs
- Responsible for preparing reports and interaction with affiliates with all financial related matters
- Responsible for accurate accounting of receivables and payables
- Responsible for maintenance of financial books and records
- Bi-Monthly Payroll Processing and related benefits
- Administering of the Health Insurance Plan
- Administering and oversight of the Flex Plan and other related
- Administering of the 401K
Skills and experience requirements
- 7 years plus financial/accounting experience (preferably at a regulated financial institution)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other applicable financial regulatory requirements
- Good working knowledge of financial reporting, general ledger, A/R, A/P, Payroll etc
- Track record of successfully building and maintaining relationships at all levels within an organization
- Interest in Financial services (ideally with series 3 or Series 27 or an interested in taking these)
- Strong knowledge of tax rules
- Experience of working for a firm with an international presence
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
The role is a hands on position, however as the position develops the firm intends to hire someone else underneath this role too in order to take a number of the production and hands on responsibilities from them.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please apply below.