Corporate Controller/Chief Operating Officer
Consultant Martin Fox
Date posted November 25, 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Controller/Chief Operating Officer who will take responsibility for all finance & tax, legal & compliance, operational risk and operations functions. This is an exciting opportunity in a growing investment manager that will require the Corporate Controller/Chief Operating to measure the efficiency of operational processes, find ways to improve processes and add significant value to the firm’s Canadian business.
Finance and Tax
- Prepare and review all month end management accounting, financial statements and regulatory returns and manage year end audit
- Manage relationship with external auditors and tax accountants in respect of corporation tax and other local tax filings
- Preparation and control of monthly payroll process including benefits and taxes
Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk
- Take ownership of all legal and compliance matters related to the Canadian business including being main point of contact with legal advisors and regulatory bodies
- Run the full back to front operations process including the relationship with third party providers (administrator and custodian)
The Corporate Controller/Chief Operating Office will ideally possess a professional accounting qualification (CPA, CA or international equivalent) and have proven experience in managing all non-investment functions within an investment management firm. They must be able to demonstrate a full understanding of Canadian regulatory obligations and strong organizational, planning and budgeting capabilities.
About the organization
The role sits within the downtown Toronto office of a leading alternative investment management firm with a presence on four continents.
Please click to apply for this fantastic Corporate Controller/Chief Operating Officer opportunity.