Senior Financial Analyst
Salary $75000 - $95000 per year + bonus
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Reporting into Senior Management and business partnering with all key stakeholders both locally across the Americas and globally across Europe. Working closely with the development team, this role is suited for candidates coming from the Real Estate, Construction and or Architecture space. This role will be based in Brooklyn.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manage and forecast cash flow requirements for development projects ensuring the efficient distribution of funds between projects.
- Business partner with the Investments team and Architecture, Design & Development team by providing meaningful financial data to aid decision making.
- Handle all CAPEX projects for both existing hotels and future projects.
- Oversee project budgets and the preparation of up to date forecasts of total project costs. Liaise with both internal project managers and external development managers employed in various locations.
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly packs at the project level by partnering with the Development teams.
- Take lead in analyzing all prospective contractors/suppliers by using financial ration analysis to provide insights on their financial stability.
- Ensure that the group is up to date with all budgets and project success including delivery and execution. Hold the development teams accountable and investigate where need be.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly and to company policy.
- Partner with different revenue stream business lines to develop capital project reporting processes within fast growth revenue streams.
- Assist with capital projects accountants with all monthly management accounts for the development entities.
- Ensure company is compliant will all reporting requirements locally.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Advanced degree (MBA or MS) highly regarded but not essential
- Strong Excel skills (v-look ups and pivot tables)
- 2-4 years experience in a similar analytic role
- Previous experience in construction/real estate highly advantageous
- Prior work with project managers/WIP analysis