Senior Commercial Finance Director
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Currently seeking a Senior Commercial Finance Director to deliver complex analysis on the local business units and operations across the Americas. Providing financial, operational and strategic support to the senior executives and investors to ensure a strong analytical environment is maintained and delivered to HQ. This role has a true path to becoming the CFO of the Americas!
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Provide timely input into the Board Pack on a monthly basis, including performance insight aligned to operational drivers and associated commentary.
- Own all reporting requirements for the business, analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Own financial planning and analysis processes and lead cyclical tasks associated with budgeting and forecasting and continuously drive improvements as the business grows.
- Drive improvements in Management Information, Investment Decisions, ROI, Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness KPIs.
- Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives, including but not limited to appraisal of new business, pricing, investment projects, profitability analysis including margin profiles, customer critique and balance sheet and cash forecasting.
- Develop and implement Business Intelligence needs and Dashboard reporting to obtain timely insight into performance.
- Mine and analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations.
- Develop channel by channel financial analysis and develop tactics to improve operational profitability.
- Ensure decision making across the business is based on factual insight and the consequences on operational performance.
- Ensure core ERP System is utilized effectively and enables all commercial financial and operational KPI’s in timely manner.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Take the lead as Financial Business Partner for the Business and Operations, supporting the Executive and Senior Management Team as a key influencer and driver of change.
- Provide commercial support to specified functional departments.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes, driving efficiencies and providing insightful management information.
- Supporting potential acquisition opportunities and opening new offices across US
- A key member of the US Team, with responsibilities to drive the performance of the business from both a financial governance and profitability perspective.
- Build and develop the US Finance team.
- Lead the US Finance team and ensure there are positive contributions towards our growth trajectory.
- Own financial control, risk management and the overall integrity of the financial statements related to US operations.
- Manage all statutory and regulatory filings for the US businesses.
- Manage all treasury, working capital, cash and cash-flow forecasting activities.
- Ensure financial procedures and practices align with Group expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure tax compliance and associated tax procedures are followed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, or similar field
- Advanced degree highly regarded - MBA or MS
- CPA qualification not essential but highly regarded
- 5-8+ years in a Commercial Finance role
- Experience engaging with operational teams to support and advise on financial performances
- Prior experience working in a business partnering role is a must
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Analytical by nature with the ability to translate financial observations into strategy
- Advances Excel skills