Salary $90000 - $120000 per year
Consultant Akhil Nagapuri
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client is a growing global Reinsurance broker with offices in New York, Toronto and London. The firm is part of a large US-based broker that has been growing at a rapid rate over the past 5 years in the US and soon on an international scale.
This position will work alongside the company's regional and global senior executives and will be reporting to the Global Head of FP&A in the London office. The FP&A analyst will be supporting senior management in various areas of financial analysis. Some of these include: Monthly management reporting and variance analyses - revenue and financial, annual budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning and client profitability analysis.
- Work closely with group CFO, regional heads and executives to ensure regional and group targets are met.
- Take ownership of regional weekly reveue forecasting to ensure timely and accurate monthly/yearly forecasting.
- Assist with regional and group wide ad hoc projects.
- Plan and manage the company's annual plan and forecast process.
- Compile, organize and assess budgets for revenue, expenses and related financial data for a variety of time horizons -- one year, three-year (strategic).
- Prepare budget-to-actual variance analyses.
- Forecast KPIs and compare to targets for region/group.
- Prepare pro-forma analyses, triggered both by individual initiative and management request (e.g. impact of acquisitions, divestitures, investments).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA preferred.
- FP&A designation would be an asset.
- Prior experience implementing Financial Planning Solutions is a plus.
- Financial modeling experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concepts.
- The individual should have excellent accounting and communication skills to be a self-starter and work with minimal management supervision.