Senior Internal Auditor - Americas
Salary $70000 - $90000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted November 2, 2016
A newly created Senior Internal Auditor - Americas role has arisen within one of the world's largest and most reputable media organizations due to extensive growth. Working closely with the Head of Internal Audit - Americas and the CFO this role offers outstanding career progression opportunities. This position is based in brand new offices in the heart of Manhattan and easily accessible by public transportation.
About the Senior Internal Auditor - Americas role:
The Senior Internal Auditor - Americas will work as a integral member of the Risk & Audit team to identify control risks within the business and examine and evaluate the adequacy of controls available to mitigate those risks.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor - Americas:
- Undertake audit projects to departmental and other appropriate standards (e.g. IIA);
- Work with the Risk & Audit management team to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Regional & Country Finance Directors) to help ensure the audit work is carried out;
- Adequately address the key risks in the Group;
- Work with the business to facilitate improvements in the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level;
- Ensure that reported actions agreed with management are followed-up to establish whether they have been carried out to an acceptable level;
- Assist with the preparation of appropriate Management and Audit Committee reporting;
- Work with other team members to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance;
- Assist in the continuing development and improvement of the Risk & Audit team; and
- Carry out and oversee other work as required.
Key Requirements for the Senior Internal Auditor - Americas:
- Accounting for Finance Degree;
- This business critical experience will suit someone with 2-5 years internal/external audit experience looking for a step up in title and responsibilities
- The successful candidate may come directly out of public accounting or from any type of fast-paced industry providing they are quick learner
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with executive stakeholders