Senior Project Accountant
Salary $80000 - $100000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Lauren MacCallum
Date posted January 17, 2017
A globally recognized Construction firm based in the heart of Manhattan is looking for a Senior Project Accountant. This person will interact with Senior Executives on a regular basis and will report directly into the Senior Accounting Manager. This opportunity is perfect for any strong technical individuals who currently work within the Construction industry and are looking to advance their career with a global firm.
This high end Construction firm is listed on the NYSE. Being globally recognized with offices throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas they are a brand that is very well known within the market place and highly desired.
As a Senior Project Accountant you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and implement audit schedules and process re-engineering to reduce financial errors.
- Assist and prepare complex budgets and forecasts
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash flow reporting
- Processing month end journals for all departments
- Reporting financials to senior management and being able to explain any variances
- Communicate with the project owner regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and additional services-related to billing
- Ensure compliance to Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures and proactively identify and raise non-compliant issues with the Project Accounting Manager
- Analyze incurred project expenditures and process
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience ideally coming from the Big 4 or within the Construction industry. Having completed a CPA is beneficial for this role. Communication is key as you will be communicating with both internal and external key stakeholders. Being adaptable is also necessary as you will be working within an evolving organization.