Senior Budget Manager
Salary $90000 - $110000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Eric Mianti
Date posted April 27, 2017
A global Media & Entertainment company specializing in client services is currently looking for a Senior Budgeting Manager to join their team. With an extensive portfolio of clients both local and global scope this role is vital to the success of the business. Must have experience with any of the below systems: -MBOX -Mediaocean -Prisma -Donovan Data System -MediaTools System
A global Media & Entertainment firm who focuses on advertising and communications who are currently going through exponential growth with newly acquired accounts. A good opportunity to join a global award-winning firm.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure key information is provided in a timely manner with a focus on budget management issues and escalating said issues as need be.
- Create financial reports and all variance analysis created with each on a monthly basis.
- Partner with media teams to ensure an analytic approach is created on each issue raised.
- Be the main point of contact for all budget management and budgetary reporting for the firm's key clients.
- Overseeing and ensuring all billings are completed accurately before issuing to the client.
- Subject matter expert around all contract and billing related provisions and terms.
- Manage year-end close processes with internal stakeholders and shared services department while reviewing pre-bills against all internal flowcharts.
- Partner with accounts payable teams to ensure all appropriate purchase orders and related billing coding numbers are received in a timely matter.
- Work closely with the accounts receivable team in the Shared Services departments to monitor accounts to ensure client payments are received within the terms of the contract and help support and resolve any payment issues as needed.
- Point of contact for all client related audits.
- Run all internal reports as well as creating custom reports within internal systems and/or Excel. Including but not limited to variance analysis reports as directed.
- Respond to client billing inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies and escalate as needed.
- Review and analyze all billing activity to ensure explanation of variances between approved dollar vs. billings are recorded accordingly. With the main focus on year-end close and closing out P/Os.
- Responsible for all shared services' reports; including but not limited to discrepancy reports and cash flow reports.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or similar. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of budget management experience, preferably within Media industry. Must have prior client management experience.
- Strong experience in ERP systems within the media industry and possess advanced Excel skills.
- Experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Media types; network (TV, audio), local, print, out of home, direct and digital.
- Ability to handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines, along with a high volume of financial transactions.