Tax Reporting Manager
Salary $100000 - $140000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted March 15, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Tax Reporting Manager - Global Investment Bank - New York
A Global Investment Bank are currently looking to recruit within their Tax Reporting Team in the Americas where you will support the business and and work closely with the internal and external stakeholders in performing monthly, quarterly and annual tax accounting and compliance for the Americas region for entities within the group, but also entities within the fund. You will be responsible for the preparation of numerous US and other countries tax returns as well as state and local income tax returns.
- Assist in the management and review of the compliance and reporting process for a number of funds as well as ‘on balance sheet’ entities including partnerships, blocker entities and other investment vehicles
- Work closely with the Tax and finance teams and portfolio entities personnel to ensure timely and accurate receipt of tax information.
- Ensure transactional and asset management planning is properly reflected on tax returns and any provisions
- Review of federal, state, and local tax work papers, returns and payments prepared by outside accounting firm providers
- Respond to Investor Queries
- Tax Compliance - Genera
- Supervise the preparation of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) prepared by the support team.
- Prepare complex entity corporate income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions).
- Prepare quarterly US estimated tax payment calculations.
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement to tax compliance software (eg, Thomson Reuters Onesource or comparable software).
- Liaise with the Tax Advisory team on, and supervise the preparation of, returns dealing with international transactions (eg, Forms 1120F and 5472).
- Perform research on tax technical issues (ex. combined/consolidated filing positions, reporting federal changes).Assist with federal and state audits / respond to correspondence and notices.
- Tax Accounting / Provision
- Review month end provisions and deferred tax computations prepared by team to ensure tax balances are calculated and reported accurately.
- Prepare tax provision, effective tax rate calculations, taxable income and deferred tax computations for complex transactions.
- Analysis and tracking of Tax attributes. Assist with development and testing of tax basis calculations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences and roll-forward accounting.
- Review deferred tax reports by category of temporary difference for accounting and regulatory capital purposes.
- Review tax payables and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and FX hedging purposes.
- Liaise closely with Business Unit Finance, Legal Entity Controllers and Tax Advisory teams to understand and highlight potential tax technical issues with accounting positions, transactions and new products.
- Performance management of junior staff on areas of tax accounting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar tax reporting role, preferably with a background in financial services and/or funds management.
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Poised & relationship-oriented, works effectively in cross-functional & cross-border team
If this is a position you are interested in, could you please send over an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or feel free to reach out on 212 704 9900 for a confidential discussion