Tax Manager - Americas
Salary $120000 - $150000 per year + 10% Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted June 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A business critical Tax Manager - Americas position has arisen with a global, publicly traded media organization currently experiencing rapid growth on an international scale. Reporting directly into the Head of Tax - Americas, this newly created role is located in brand new offices in the heart of Manhattan.
About the Tax Manager - Americas role:
- Prepares quarterly US consolidated tax provision and supporting schedules and summary memo.
- Prepares and Reviews America's tax reporting packages and coordinates with local markets to obtain a clear understanding of the overall tax positions and prepares summary memo.
- Performs reconciliation of Business Planning and Consolidation reporting and trial balances
- Reviews US federal, state, and local tax returns and supporting federal workpapers as well as including but not limited to income apportionment information.
- Monitors and tracks status of income tax compliance and filings
- Prepares various tax and regulatory filings, including IRS Forms 1042/1042-S, FinCEN Form 114.
- Monitors/Maintains regional tax calendar and coordinate statutory account and tax returns filings with external providers and/or other team members as applicable
- Monitor and review tax account GL analysis, including current/deferred tax across the Americas
- Assist with federal, and state income tax audits effectively, utilizing necessary research tools
- Assist with maintaining/monitoring transfer pricing documentation across the Americas region
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Strong all-round background in taxation, with an emphasis on tax provisions
- This position will suit someone coming either straight from public accounting or with commercial experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive self-starter with a high degree of initiative