Salary $125000 - $135000 per year + bonus
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted October 2, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Seeking public accountants looking to stay within the industry who want to join an established smaller boutique firm that is offering ownership potential. This role will work across Audit & Tax but with a preference for individuals with a strong Tax background. With a liberal PTO policy and flexible hours, this is the ideal transitional role for someone who enjoys working in public accounting environments but dislikes the long hours and excessive travel.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the review and job management functions of tax engagements, including compliance, planning, and research.
- Responsible for monthly billing (manager level).
- Take lead on preparation and review of tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Ability to assume full responsibilities for directing engagements and special assignments.
- Supportive and offering of assistance to partners and peers.
- Responsible for the development and training of staff- and senior-level tax accountants with on-the-job experiences.
- Responsible for reviewing work prepared by client personnel.
- Ability to work closely with client's internal accounting department.
- Recognize when assistance is needed and ask for help from peers and partners, and identity tax planning opportunities
- Give instructions to staff- and senior-level professionals and take direction from peers and partners.
- Ability to maintain total confidentiality and discretion; and ability to establish strong relationships with clients, executives, and other key stakeholders.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- Active CPA at manager level required
- Tax experience 8-10+ years
- Flow-through entity and individual tax expertise
- Experience with Ultra Tax, CS Professional Suite and 401k plan audits a plus