Chief Financial Officer
Salary $250,000 - $270,000 per year
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Thomas Carter
JobRef 119082/0012019-07-13 2019-09-07 fmcg permanent US Manhattan New York 10036 USD 250000 270000 270000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This a unique opportunity for a CFO to drive financial and strategic leadership across a growing business. This role will lead the existing Finance and Accounting team. You will continue to build the Finance function to ensure we are developing a scalable approach to long-term planning. You will be an entrepreneurial leader and a mentor across the wider business as you are an important driver in bringing people together as the growth continues.
In this role, you will responsible for but not limited to the following;
- Partner with the CEO, COO, and CGO on financing strategy, board communications, company culture, client development, and corporate development, utilizing your existing relationships and building new ones across the healthcare technology community
- Direct the company's strategic planning initiatives and help to build out strong practices around FP&A. Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on business strategy
- Build and mentor Finance and Accounting team through the implementation of systems, processes, internal controls and policies
- Demonstrate strong Financial stewardship. Direct resource allocation, monitor company expenditures and help review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements
- Oversee internal and external Financial Reporting. Work with external CPA firm on tax and compliance matters.
- Set Accounting policy and ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Help drive effective board meetings as well as manage communications and current and potential investors
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations
To be successful in this role you must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 7+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical corporate experience required
- Experience working in an early stage pre-revenue healthcare company strongly preferred
- Merger/acquisition experience preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to collaborate with all department leaders to get optimal results
- Investor experience is preferred but not required