Vice President of Finance
Salary $170,000 - $200,000 per year + Bonus
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Thomas Carter
JobRef 119092/0012019-07-13 2019-09-07 accountancy permanent US New York New York 10026 USD 170000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for increasing profitability through highly strategic guidance to improve margin on sales, better inform decisions on investments throughout the supply chain, and thoroughly measure the financial impact of all aspects of the companies’ business. This person will engage internally and externally to help the company adjust its business model to align with, and stay ahead of, the rapidly changing retail market and will look at longer term new business opportunities to position the company for next level growth. The role includes management of all aspects of financial operations, including but not limited to monthly closes, annual and quarterly financial reporting and analysis, audit preparation and tax filings, and risk management.
The role will include but not be limited to the following responsiblities;
- Set financial benchmarks and guardrails to inform decisions throughout the supply chain, from manufacturing/sourcing to logistics/operations and ultimately through to sales and marketing.
- Create and Maintain companies operating budget.
- Develop and report concise, understandable, results oriented financial results and KPI’s.
- Use data to build the cases for and against investments, and passionately advocate them to executive team.
- Assess existing profitability at style, assortment, customer, and company levels; and help reset goals for same, to guide prudent business decisions to drive profitable sales growth.
- Assist internal teams in assessing potential costs, savings, ROI, etc. when the company considers undertaking new initiatives or business opportunities.
- Work with the SVP of Management and Organization to continually assess the contributions and productivity of company personnel, and corresponding compensation.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting department (general accounting, A/P, A/R), financial reporting and payroll functions of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly/quarterly/ annual close process.
- Oversee financial transaction system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of A/P and A/R, cashflow and payroll processing.
- Oversee employee benefit plans with emphasis on maximizing cost effective solutions.
- Compliance/Risk Management.
- Analyze and identify any and all potential risks threatening the financial position of the company.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Coordinate the provision of information to auditors for annual audits, as applicable.
- Oversee 401K Plan to ensure proper administration.
- Manage third party relationships related to accounting/finance/risk management/benefits.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Accounting: 6 years (Required)
- Compliance: 6 years (Required)
- Controller: 6 years (Required)
- Operational/Risk Management: 6 years (Required)
- CPA (Required)