VP of Finance / CFO
Salary $200,000 - $300,000 per year + Bonus
Location Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, CA, USA
Consultant Christopher Stringer
JobRef 117932/0012019-07-30 2019-09-28 financial-services permanent US Los Angeles Metro Area California 11211 USD 200000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a prestigious US Private Equity firm, investing largely in the Technology and Software space, is looking to hire a VP of Finance to come in to a senior leadership role that will transition in to the CFO role within 2/3 years Maximum. The company has nearly $10billion of capital under management having completed nearly 200 acquisitions. The role would be based in Los Angeles.
The role will be reporting directly in to the CFO and will gradually absorb responsibilities from the CFO until the transition is complete in around 2-3 years’ time. The role has full visibility across the firm with interactions with principals across the business; deals teams, third party providers, limited partners, legal, audit and external vendors.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong track record of finance and accounting within private equity, that can demonstrate good progression to come in to an excellent business that offers a rare chance for senior progression.
Core responsibilities and duties
- Oversee the preparation of deadline-driven reporting processes, including financial statements, partner allocations, capital account statements and portfolio company valuations.
- Manage the relationship and workflow to the fund administrators
- Manage the process for delivering quarterly and annual investor reports, K-1s and other communications.
- Create and manage internal financial controls and accounting procedures
- Analyze complex partnership agreements, ascertaining thorough understanding of reporting requirements
- Hire, train, develop and performance manage the accounting and finance team, including managers, senior accountants, accountants and staff accountants.
- Manage capital calls and distributions.
- Maintain waterfall, management fee and expense allocation calculations in accordance with partnership agreements.
- Manage each fund’s portfolio valuation process.
- Ensure accuracy for fund and investment performance tracking.
- Respond to investor requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for budgeting and cash flow forecasting for the management company.
- Interface with deal execution professionals and portfolio company peers, as needed, to effectively meet the requirements of the position.
- Oversee the preparation of fund and holding company tax returns.
- Assist in preparation of SEC Form ADV and Form PF on behalf of the registered investment advisor.
- Manage and maintain the firm’s accounting and reporting technologies.
Background & Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience within fund accounting and a minimum of 5 years within a PE firm
- Strong academic background; minimum bachelors degree in accounting or related subject
- Active/Current CPA License
- Must have a strong and thorough understanding of PE firms and PE Funds
- Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive, eFront FrontInvest and Investment Café a plus.
- Experience with SEC compliance practices for registered investment advisors.
- Track record of successfully identifying and implementing process improvements
- Previous team management experience, with professional and accounting staff.
- Proficiency in developing Excel based models
- Ability to manage ad-hoc projects in tandem with daily, monthly and quarterly BAU targets