Salary $75,000 - $80,000 per year
Location 7 Times Square #4301, New York, NY 10036, USA
Consultant Jennifer Redman
JobRef 117072/0012019-07-13 2019-08-16 accountancy permanent US Manhattan New York 10036 USD 75000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Porftolio Accounting positions available in a global investment manager based in Manhattan!
A global investment management firm based in Manhattan is growing its operations team with the appointment of a number of portfolio accountants.
As a core part of the New York business, you will work across thw wider operations division building relationships and performing duties to the highest standard.
This position will suit a fund accounting and reconciliations specialist with a strong understanding of fund management, attention to detail and passion for ones carrer in operations accounting.
Responsibilities of a portfolio accountant:
- Maintain accurate books & records through detailed reconciliation of client portfolios
- Provide excellent client service through effective client reporting and communication to strengthen client relationships and retention.
- Reconcile cash and transactions for domestic and multi-currency portfolios daily.
- Reconcile cash, transactions, holdings and accrued income for domestic and multi-currency portfolios monthly.
- Effectively respond to all client inquiries using all internal resources available.
- Meet all scheduled and unscheduled reporting requirements.
- Create custom reports as needed per client or internal requests.
- Opening & closing accounts, reviewing and maintaining all account documentation.
- Verify asset transfers in or out of the firm.
- Ad hoc responsibilities to support the wider operations team
Portfolio accountant profile:
- 3+ years of relevant fund operations/ reconciliations/ fund accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in finance or a related field preferred
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and InData (preferred)
- Strong reconciliation profficiency and experience
- Understanding of financial products: swaps, derivitives, CFDs
If you are an operations professional looking to take your career to the next step and join a collaborative, innovative business that prides itself on its client centric approach to investing, please click to apply.