Compliance Officer - Volcker Advisory
Location New York
Consultant Christine HU
Date posted September 27, 2016
About the Volker Advisory Compliance Officer position: This particular Compliance Professional will provide Compliance support on the Volcker Rule to various areas of the bank. They will be assisting with numerous and multi-dimensional facets of the Volcker rule including implementing system of controls, interpreting and updating high-level policies, and initiating applicable control functions.
- Coincide and work alongside the Volcker team to assess the implementation of the Volcker Rule
- Work with other Compliance areas to ensure the Volcker rule is consistently in place across different capacities of the bank
- Develop control systems with control partners to include continuous monitoring plan and ensure reinforcement
- Contribute to updating a system of policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with the Volcker rule
- Provide timeline and updates to the senior members of the Business and Compliance team with the development of Volcker Rule implementation
The model Volker Advisory candidate will most importantly have an in-depth, solid working knowledge of the Volcker Rule. Their area of experience can stem from 2-5 years of broker-dealer legal or compliance experience but is not limited to these areas. In addition to understanding the Volcker rule, the Volcker Advisory Compliance Officer candidate should show familiarity with Regulatory Reform including Dodd Frank and CFTC, and related rules. Past work experience should include dealing with products such as swaps, derivatives, commodities, and futures.
The investment bank looking to fill this vacancy has a great team environment where there are opportunities to move into different positions in the long term. There is lateral mobility across the board and the chance to work with seasoned professionals of the field. They are looking to add top talent to their team to add a fresh, new perspective.
If you are a ambitious individual with rare knowledge of the Volcker rule and all the different aspects and spaces it branches out into, be sure to apply to this Volcker Advisory Compliance Officer role.
Apply directly or reach out to me, Christine Hu, by email or phone at 212.7074.9900.