Chief Compliance Officer – Asset Management – Fixed Income
Location New York
Consultant Henry Smith
Date posted May 25, 2017
Top tier Global Asset Management firm requires a Chief Compliance Officer to run the compliance programme.
Top tier Global Asset Management firm requires a Chief Compliance Officer to run the compliance programme and head up a small team. The role will involve providing advice and guidance to the business, which is exclusively Fixed Income, in order to satisfy all external regulatory obligations and client contractual requirements.
A solid understanding of the regulatory environment governing Investment Management and Fixed Income products is required and prior experience managing day to day compliance requirements as well as directly with the regulators is key.
With significant changes to regulations affecting the financial services industry, the individual must be able to run workstreams critical to the firm’s overall compliance profile.
The role is pivotal to the firms success so they are seeking an exceptional candidate, with a stable CV, from top tier Asset Management firms specialising in Fixed Income products.
Duties will entail -
- To consider the implications of client contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements on the operation of the asset management business
- Documentation and dissemination of relevant policy and, where necessary, procedures to promote client contractual, legislative and regulatory compliance
- Main point of contact for all regulatory inquiries, prepare regulatory filings when necessary (including with CFTC, SEC, state, federal and foreign jurisdictions where necessary) and handle all regulatory audits and exams
- Assess the impact of legislative changes to the investment management sector, and ensure the business units are fully informed
- Be the main point of contact for both the business as well as for external clients with respect to compliance matters
- Continuous oversight compliance training and education throughout the business.
Suitable candidates will possess -
- 8+ years relevant experience in asset management compliance or legal positions
- Experience with Fixed Income products is important
- A Juris Doctor would be preferred but not essential
- Excellent regulatory knowledge, specifically related to Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and deal with stakeholders at all levels of seniority