Corporate Banking Testing Compliance Officer
Location New York
Consultant Lucky Nguyen
Date posted July 7, 2017
An international investment bank is looking to add a compliance officer to their corporate bank testing team. This particular group deals with testing, assurance and risk assessments pertaining to the private bank, commercial bank and retail bank.
About the AVP, Corporate Banking Testing Compliance Position:
This position is looking for a compliance officer with a strong testing, assurance or risk assessment background. The role will be heavily involved in the corporate banking side and would be a great growth opportunity for regulators or junior candidates. The role requires knowledge of the alphabet regulations and would appreciate candidates coming from the OCC or SEC.
- Acts as part of a team which will conduct assurance reviews on all second line of defense compliance functions within the U.S.
- Supports the development and implementation of a schedule of reviews of all U.S. Compliance functions, in accordance with the Regulatory Compliance Operating Model, the Global Standards Manual, applicable FIMs, and the Compliance Risk Management Program.
- Assists and works alongside other members of the team and makes decisions based on knowledge and experience. When unsure, guidance should be sought from Immediate Supervisor or specifically assigned Review Lead.
- Interacts effectively with all levels of Compliance teams and the businesses they support as warranted.
- Has the ability to learn quickly, research and document compliance gaps with clarity and factual accuracy.
- Works effectively in a dynamic and changing environment. Acts proactively and develops and suggests ideas for enhancements to the team's activities.
- Limited travel within the U.S. may be required to Compliance teams based outside New York City.
A successful candidate will have a strong compliance background either from a regulator or banking firm.
This international bank is a well known brand within the industry and is looking to build out their compliance program.
If you are a driven and motivated compliance officer, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me, Lucky Nguyen, on 212-704-9900