VP - Operational Due Diligence
Location New York
Consultant Christian Lewis
Date posted July 13, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A dynamic alternative investment firm, is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced professional to support the Operational Due Diligence team to perform reviews on new and existing managers.
What you will do:
You will be working on identifying business and operational risks for hedge fund investments by performing detailed research on hedge fund managers’ people, policies, structure, operational processes, compliance matters, counterparties, service providers, and other key areas. This is a unique opportunity for you to expand your hedge fund industry knowledge, acquire market color on hedge fund policies and procedures, and work closely with senior hedge fund personnel internally and externally.
- Help prioritize the top few operational and business risks for each manager, designing and implementing customized investigative processes and assessments to target those risks.
- Perform detailed reviews of new and existing hedge fund investments.
- Participate in and lead calls and in-person meetings with senior hedge fund personnel, service providers, and other related parties.
- Review audited financial statements, regulatory filings, fund documents, and background checks.
- Keep up-to-date on industry and manager-specific news.
- Build and maintain relationships with hedge fund managers and service providers.
- Report directly to the Head of Operational Due Diligence and work closely with other groups at the firm including the Investment Committee, Legal & Compliance, and Investor Relations.
- Superior academic performance and 5-9 years of prior hedge fund experience in hedge fund prime brokerage, compliance, operational due diligence, operations, or other similar fields. Some direct experience in an operational due diligence role is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Skepticism and intellectual curiosity.
- High detail-sensitivity.
- Flexible to changing priorities and resilient.
- Ability to process information quickly, such as in simultaneously conducting verbal interviews, considering responses, and identifying inconsistencies.
- Ability to manage several processes and projects at the same time, with a no-task-too-small approach.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and work well independently.