AML Advisory Officer MLRO | VP
Consultant Christian Lewis
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-28 financial-services permanent US New York New York 10036 USD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading global bank is in search for a VP of AML Advisory that would also serve as the deputy MLRO for the Americas business.
- Manage AML Advisory team.
- Support the MLRO in ensuring business adhering to the bank’s AML compliance policies and relevant U.S. AML regulations.
- Provide day to day guidance to the business’ employees regarding compliance with relevant AML/KYC regulations and bank policies.
- Develop, maintain and embed local customer due diligence procedures and BSA/AML Sanctions Policy Manual.
- Advise KYC team on policy/regulatory issues related to onboarding new (bank and broker dealer) customers. Perform periodic reviews of customer KYC files.
- Review and approve all Political Exposed Persons (PEPs) associated with customer accounts.
- Escalate CDD related issues and "red flags," including raising problematic situations and patterns to the MLRO and CCO.
- Conduct annual BSA/AML risk assessments.
- Report monthly KYC metrics including high risk customer/activities; identified deficiencies and corrective actions taken; results of KYC quality control file reviews and key risk indicators.
- Minimum 7 years of BSA/AML experience with a U.S. bank and/or U.S. banking regulator
- College degree required. Graduate degree (MBA/JD) preferred.
- Comprehensive and practical understanding of the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act provisions including but not limited to Sections 312, 313, 314(a), 314(b).
- Experience with preparing organization for BSA/AML examinations with internal auditors and U.S. regulators.
- Broker dealer knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in managing a team of professionals.
- Key skills and knowledge required:
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail