Chief Compliance Officer
Salary $160,000 - $200,000 per year
Consultant Lucky Nguyen
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-28 financial-services permanent US San Francisco California 575 Market Street 94105 USD 160000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A banking institution is looking to recruit a compliance officer that has a strong understanding of consumer banking regulations.
The qualified candidate will help build and maintain a strong compliance culture/environment. His/her responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising and consulting business/product management on bank consumer protection relevant laws, regulations, and firm policies and procedures;
- Working with the business in the implementation of regulatory reform/rule change initiatives impacting the wealth management business;
- Reviewing new products, marketing materials and other forms of communications for regulatory compliance and adherence to the firm standards;
- Conducting compliance risk assessments and compliance targeted reviews
- Conducting second level monitoring and testing of lending and deposit program activity
- Working closely with other control groups such as legal, risk management, and audit and business supervisory functions to ensure coverage is comprehensive and consistent and that issues are appropriately addressed on a timely basis;
- Assisting with the content, implementation and delivery of compliance training.
Candidate must possess strong knowledge of applicable FED and CFPB regulations including, but not limited to, ECOA, HMDA, TILA, RESPA, SAFE Act, Funds Availability Act, Truth-in-Saving Act and other consumer banking/lending regulations including Regulations E, W, O, P;
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree or higher in related field of study;
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation is a plus;
- Solid working knowledge of private banking/wealth management products and services;
- Ability to work effectively with business management and staff and provide pro-active advice;
- Ability to engage others in open, honest dialogue and directly addresses conflict when it arises.