Head of Sanctions
Salary $170,000 - $190,000 per year
Location Chicago, IL, USA
Consultant Thomas Byrne
JobRef 125712/0012019-11-11 2020-01-10 financial-services permanent US Chicago Illinois USD 170000 190000 190000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Having met with this rapidly growing financial services business I'm happy to partner with them on a Head of Sanctions opportunity for their compliance team.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with their internal compliance team to grow and enhance their OFAC & Sanctions program, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Keep up to date with all applicable sanctions against individuals, entities, countries and securities products and confirm that all are covered in the firm’s sanction program;
- Develop external contacts among industry peer groups to determinate and validate that industry best practice;
- Establish and maintain a robust inventory of controls, operational metrics, and reporting.
- Coordinate with cross-functional groups to provide resolution for escalations and complex scenarios
- Maintain oversight of staff reviewing and investigating potential matches of prospective or current customers against government lists (i.e. OFAC, Bank of England, European Union, etc.)
What they're looking for:
- Over 7 years of experience within AML/Sanctions/Regulatory compliance, within financial services
- Over 5 years of management experience.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar certification.
- Knowledge of List Screening Operations and Negative Media dispositioning.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, analytical, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- High degree of comfort with technology and a functional understanding of how technology can be applied to business and regulatory solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
For more information get in touch with Thomas Byrne at Robert Walters on 212 704 9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org