AML Risk Assesments Manager
Salary $90,000 - $110,000 per year
Location Chicago, IL, USA
Consultant Thomas Byrne
JobRef 125732/0012019-11-11 2020-01-10 financial-services permanent US Chicago Illinois USD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
After a positive meeting with this client last week we've partnered with them to find a Financial Crimes Team Lead to manage a small team of financial crimes compliance professionals, focusing on risk assessments.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the internal charge on all of the firm’s periodic assessment of the risks presented by its business lines under Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) and the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) rules;
- Ensure that the Risk Assessments are in compliance with the FFIEC Exam Manual and meet the expectations of management, internal auditors, and external regulators;
- Evaluate current AML processes and outline enhancements, where appropriate; and identify the data needed to measure the risk factors and controls and draft appropriate queries for firm programmers.
What they're looking for:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in AML and/or compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with an international customer base;
- Appropriate securities and/or commodities registrations and/or ability to complete further required registration exams promptly;
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar certification strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the FFIEC Examination Manual as it relates to AML, KYC, CIP, USA PATRIOT Act, and FinCEN guidance
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
For more information get in touch with Thomas Byrne at Robert Walters on email@example.com or 212 704 9900