Business Control Specialist
Salary $100000 - $140000 per year + Medical + Dental + Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted October 4, 2016
A leading investment bank in Chicago is seeking a Business Control Specialist to assist with the day to day reconciliation of client accounts at least monthly and attest to the accuracy of their reconciliations.
The accounting control function enhances the reconciliation processes in addition with other balance sheet controls.
- Balance sheet account reconciliation
- Proactively improving controls and developing efficiencies through best practices
- Assisting with SOX regulations
- Liaising with the offshore testing teams
- Lead or participate in accounting control projects
- Conduct monthly line of business calls to explain business results
- Work with the other stakeholders to ensure that testing among all lines of business is correct
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years experience of Middle Office practices experience
- Demonstrated strong financial control or product control mindset
- Proven proactive ability to effectively communicate
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability for project based work
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Knowledge of derivatives products across multiple business lines
- Knowledge of SOX 404 compliance and accounting policies
If you would like to apply for this position please apply online today or call Marco Maranzano for more information.