Salary $80000 - $140000 per year + Medical + Vision + Dental
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted November 1, 2016
The leading source of funding for housing in America and provider of reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across the US is seeking a General Accountant to the business.
You will operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information
- Execute and manage timely and accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses
- Design and produce reports
- Conduct research and analyses on highly complex issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Public accounting and accounting operations experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Access required.
- CPA or CPA in progress strongly preferred.
- Secondary mortgage market experience is a plus.
- Process improvement/automation preferred.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data.
- Good communication skills required.
- Previous experience working on an accounting system implementation or upgrade is a plus.
The business provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across the US. They are the leading source of funding for housing in America. In addition they are are focused on sustaining the housing recovery.
If you would like to apply for this position please apply online today or call Marco Maranzano on 212 704 9900 for more information.