Assistant Controller - Real Estate & Private Equity Funds
Location Los Angeles Metro Area
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 3, 2017
A large prestigious Asset Management firm based in LA, is looking for an Assistant Controller for Fund Accounting in their Real Estate Equity Finance team. This is a great opportunity for someone with an understanding of Fund Accounting and of Real Estate / Private Equity accounting to really drive and progress their career in a company committed to the progression and reward of all high achieving employees.
Your will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of multiple funds and manage an external fund administrative team. Fund Structures may include commingled equity and debt closed-ended funds, joint ventures and separate accounts.
Key responsibilities and functions of the role
- Liaise with internal resources, offshore resources, external fund administrator(s), and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines
- Take part in new fund launches, including coordination with various internal/external parties
- Review of draft legal documentation for reporting requirements
- Train and/or share technical concepts and other professional development with the team
- Participate in and contribute to regular review of overall processes and deliverables to improve effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy
- Oversee and review monthly/quarterly/annual NAV reconciliations with fund administrator
- Review monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to limited partners and/or portfolio managers
- Review debt compliance reporting
- Review of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds as well as capital account summaries for limited partners
- Review calculation of management fees and performance fees
- Review/prepare complex waterfall calculations
- Review cash flow projections and daily cash management, including any LP capital activity (ie: capital calls/subscription and distribution/withdrawal calculations)
- Responsibility for ad-hoc limited partner, analyst and front-office requests
- Review information provided to Tax team for quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns
Key skills and background experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated, team player and strong work ethic
- Ability to assist in managing several third party relationships.
- Strong understanding of business and accounting principles (US GAAP), including consolidation reporting/elimination entries
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to analyze and summarize complex information both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills (to build models, templates, building macros/pivot tables)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize/manage deadlines
- Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able and open to occasional travel
Please click to apply.