Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted May 17, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Investment Accountant - Financial Services - Iowa
A Holding company are looking to recruit for an Investment Accountant who has primary responsibility over preparation and execution of pricing valuation controls, as well as internal and external reporting of investment data. Your responsibilities will include;
- Execution and analysis of month-end pricing and valuation controls to support SOX controls framework
- Preparation of materials presented to the Valuation Committee
- Specific to pricing and valuation, serve as a primary contact for the business
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reporting for consolidated US GAAP specific to our $70+ billion investment portfolio
- Understand investment portfolio activity in the Investments accounting software and preparation of ledger reconciliations.
- Participate in project efforts within Investment Accounting to further automate and improve current processes and functional tasks.
- Assist with all other SEC reporting requirements and respond to Investor/Analyst questions and comments
- Preparation of management’s internal reporting for investments
- Preparation of US Statutory (US STAT) audited financial statements for US-based insurance entities
- Support rating agency activities, including preparation of our rating agency surveys, presentations, and ad-hoc questions
- Liaise with various functional areas, including SEC Reporting, Financial Reporting, Accounting Policy, Bermuda Finance, and FP&A
- Perform effective ad-hoc reporting by understanding and analyzing investment and regulatory trends
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 to 6 years of accounting, reporting, and financial analysis experience (or relevant internships)
- Pricing and valuation of securities, along with fair value leveling (ASC 820)
- Reporting efforts for the Bermuda-based investment portfolios.
- Consolidated SEC reporting, US STAT reporting, BSTAT reporting
- Investment reporting analysis for internal management and the Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing reconciliations and investment accounting information flows with all Bermuda entities
- Support new assumed reinsurance initiatives & reporting considerations for strategic transactions.
- Knowledge of investment types and related SEC, GAAP, and US STAT reporting is preferred
- General knowledge of SEC, GAAP, and US STAT financial accounting regulations is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Office software suite
If you are interested in this position, then please do call me on 212 704 9900, or alternatively, you can send your resume through to me firstname.lastname@example.org