Head of Finance, Technology, Operations & Services
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 25, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My Client, a Global Foreign Investment Bank is looking to hire a Head of Finance for Technology, Operations and Services. This role would sit with a global team and would itself have oversight of finance Operations, Technology and Services for US, Canada and Latin American Markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior finance individual with strong experience in finance for technology and operations and also prior experience finance business partnering with senior level stakeholders across multiple internal teams. You will have ultimate responsibility for Financial Business Performance and Business Partnering across the Region and into the Global team.
Core tasks and responsibilities;
- Provision of timely, accurate financial data to support global and regional decision making for $Billions in costs and assets.
- Inputing and overseeing the business change for the finance function overseeing operations, technology and services
- Drive innovative cost management ideas to proactive optimise the regional cost base, relying on SMEs across Finance;
- Facilitate regional and global conversations to ensure that Global Business Charges are as transparent as possible;
- Providing strategic direction and manage the regional planning and analysis process – ensuring transparency to Regional Management of process and review phases;
- Close working relationships with the various Finance Operations team supporting the region, to optimize service levels and ongoing working relationship;
- Build and ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders and team members, adopting a joined up approach, to execute change at pace with minimum conflict
- Analyze stakeholder goals and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment
- Maintain contact with customer, suppliers etc. to identify and communicate status, progress, risks and issues
- Manage and negotiate policy decisions and business solutions so that key stakeholders are bought into decisions that optimize effectiveness for the business
- As a member of the Operations & technology Finance leadership team; contribute to the development of a high caliber and high performing team, ensuring excellent engagement and motivation levels
- Use strong leadership skills to influence a distributed set of stakeholders in order to engage them in delivering against the business Finance agendas
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the brand.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
Key background and skills
- Extensive experience in operating at a senior level within complex Financial Services organizations (Banking preferred)
- A professional Finance qualification is essential (CPA or equivalent qualification)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of excellent stakeholder management, working effectively across teams and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Execution oriented: proactive escalation of issues whilst maintaining solution focused and flexible approach to accommodate the changing business/function needs.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to bring analytical rigor and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong communication skills – applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Continuous improvement and change management experience
- Leadership capabilities
- Navigating – understanding and translating strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilizing – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance