Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Private Equity - Fund Accountant - Ohio
A private equity investment firm are currently looking to recruit for a Fund Accountant within their team. While collaborating with and reporting to various members accounting team, this individual will be responsible for accounting and investor reporting activities relating to the hospitality funds and their underlying investments.
• Recording journal entries, investigating discrepancies and preparing account reconciliations for all fund-level activity.
• Reviewing and coding transactions for proper entry into accounting software by AP or AR personnel.
• Utilizing financial reporting software and Microsoft Excel to prepare financial statements and other quarterly reporting requirements;
• Assisting with the design and implementation of process improvements and efficiencies within the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting cycles.
• Assisting with the preparation and system processing of individual investor reports related to capital activity and period end financial reporting.
• Preparing support for the funds’ annual audit/tax cycle, compiling footnote supporting documentation, assisting in annual report writing and researching authoritative accounting guidance;
Assisting with the review and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and trial balances provided by our investments’ hotel management companies;
• Assisting with special projects as requested by management.
• 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area
• CPA preferred
• Big-Four or large regional public accounting background preferred
• Two to five years of related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with a high degree of integrity
• Detail-oriented and hands on
• Excellent computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
If this is a position you would be interested in, then please do send an updated resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you wish to have a confidential conversation, then please call me on 212 704 9900.