VP Product Control & Projects
Salary $130000 - $150000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My Client a mid-size prestigious boutique Investment Bank is looking to hire a VP of Product Control to join their growing finance function and assist with the ongoing development and change happening as the business continues to grow. The role is based in mid-town Manhattan.
This would be a great opportunity for someone with a track record working at the VP level within Product Control and a tracked record of successfully identifying and implementing process improvements, to progress their career within a growing organization committed to the progression and development of its staff.
The role will report in to the Controller for North America and assist with providing accounting support & maintenance of official books and records.
- Daily production of monthly P&L and production of P&L explained for supported business lines
- Balance sheet reconciliations whilst monitoring key controls
- Identify and resolve balance sheet breaks between subledger and general ledger systems.
- Ensuring data quality of downstream regulatory reporting feeds
- identify and resolve trade/position/P&L discrepancies in a timely manner. Escalate issues as necessary with effective, clear, and concise communication to management.
- Develop, maintain and update front to back process and controls
- Implement effective process controls and process re-engineering to improve inefficiencies.
- Work with and manage Ad hoc requests from internal business and other internal clients.
- Responsibility for hiring, managing and developing team.
- Overhaul manual reconciliation processes by simplifying and automating procedures, reducing spreadsheets, and developing clear and comprehensive supporting documentation that validate all balance sheet accounts.
- Develop daily and monthly reporting analytics and provide relevant analyses and commentary to explain position/P&L changes.
- Participate in the identification and/or development of technology to support new and existing business processes
Background and required skills
- Strong academic background; Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA and or CFA preferable
- Experience in Financial Services/Banking Industry Minimum 6+ years. Experience working in Product Control
- Proficient in Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Strong interpersonal (written and oral communication) skills
- Ability to use initiative and work efficiently
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail