Financial Control Associate/AVP
Salary $100000 - $130000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted January 17, 20197 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a large international financial services group and Investment Bank, is looking to hire an AVP/Associate in their Financial Control team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in financial services and an understanding of core accounting principles to develop their career within a firm committed to the development and progression of its staff.
The role sits within the Americas Finance division and will involved financial reporting to the parent company as well as preparation of financial statements for a number of U.S. based entities.
Core responsibilities and tasks
- Assist with the financial reporting to the parent company under US GAAP as well as preparation of audited financial statements for a number of U.S. based entities.
- You will be responsible for
- Compiling and reviewing various US GAAP disclosures (e.g. derivative, fair value, variable interest entity, repo and stock loan offsetting)
- Preparation, or assistance in preparation, of annual audited financial statements for US subsidiaries
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement for various US subsidiaries as well as associated analytics review
- Participation in Finance related IT projects that impact financial reporting, as well as identifying opportunities for automation of financial reporting processes and working with IT to implement automated solutions.
- Frequent involvement with the product control, technology, and operations department
Background and key skills
- Strong academic background with minimum of a bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related subject
- CPA preferred
- 3-6 years of accounting / financial control knowledge, ideally withing financial services. Broker dealer experience preferred
- Strong understanding of core accounting principles
- Good understanding of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of general ledgers, ability to run pivot tables and effectively process data
- Understanding of typical broker dealer balance sheet items (including Repo’s, reverse repo’s trading inventory, securities lending agreements, fails to deliver etc)
- Track record of successful process improvement