Director, Corporate Banking - Auto and Transportation
Salary $180 - $250,000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-15 banking permanent US New York New York 10036 USD 180 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My Client, a prestigious foreign banking corporation, is looking for a Director to join their corporate banking team, focused on the Auto and Transportation industry. This is a great opportunity for someone with a track record within Corporate Banking to develop their career within a growing organization committed to the development of its staff.
The director will be responsible for the origination and maintenance of client relationships with Fortune 300 Investment Grade and non-Investment Grade companies in order to generate profitable new business for the Automotive, Transportation and Mobility corporate banking team. This position will originate new business with new and existing clients and drive broader cross-sell opportunities for the bank globally.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate relationships to maximize cross sell of the bank's products and services. Develop and deliver custom client pitches in collaboration with relevant product groups.
- Generate ideas / source transactions and pitch M&A financing strategies to clients across the capital structure.
- Elevate the bank's relationships and status with clients to maximize opportunities, access and capture of wallet share.
- Collaborate with the Lending Management Group to manage exposures to both enhance/defend bank relationships while protecting the bank's capital.
- Work with product specialists and subject matter experts to develop novel pitches, structures, approaches.
- Oversee team relationship managers covering separate portfolios providing guidance, training, management and leadership to maximize sophistication of client management
Required background and skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of and expertise in corporate banking products, services, structures, and issues relevant to execution (regulatory, accounting, legal, etc.); broad range of capital markets executions (across the capital structure).
- At least eight years experience marketing and cross selling commercial and investment banking products and services.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing corporate banking clients.
- Proven track record of prospecting and on boarding new clients.
- Experience providing leadership, guidance, support to colleagues/junior staff.
- Prefer background in transportation / auto sector.
- Excellent credit analysis skills to identity suitable prospect opportunities, manage exposure, recommend exposure actions.
- Ability to lead a product team, inspire idea generation, ensure delivery of work product, generate a collaborative environment.
- Expert ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal teams to support a competent sales strategy.
- Expert ability to communicate verbally and in writing with seniors, colleagues, juniors, overseas staff.