Internal Audit Director, Commodities
Salary $180,000 - $225,000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted April 29, 20192019-05-09 2019-06-28 financial-services 7 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters
My client, a prestigious International Investment Bank, is looking for an Associate Director for a senior management position in their Capital Markets divison. It is an excellent opportunity for someone to come in to a position with exposure across the business at all levels, and offering a lot of opportunity for career growth. This role can be based in New York or Houston
The team they would be going in to offers a lot of insight around process improvement and development whilst partnering with the business rather than a traditional audit role. The successful candidate must be someone with a strong and up to date understanding of commodities.
The person coming in to this role will need to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the relevant business divisions and develop relationships with Senior Managers across the spectrum of different business areas. This role is at the Associate Director level and so would be a fit for anyone currently at a junior director / senior vice president level.
Core responsibilities / tasks
- Assist with formulating Internal Audit strategy
- Lead the planning process
- Oversee delivery of audits across the group’s businesses and support functions in the Americas
- Hire, train and develop internal audit teams with the skills required to deliver high quality value add audits
- Understand and develop knowledge of control standards and interpretations of key regulations
- Ad-hoc process improvement and development work
Prior background and key skills
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a Risk Management /Internal audit
- Must have experience with Capital Markets and with Commodities specifically
- Strong academic background, minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- Excellent negotiation skills as well as proven ability to build relationships at all levels
- Track record of managing teams successfully
- Related Audit or Accounting certifications a preference
The position will require some internal travel from time to time though this won’t be regular.
If this is an opportunity you may be interested in and you feel your background would be a fit, please don’t hesitate to apply below