Fund Accountant - Hedge Fund
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Jennifer Redman
JobRef 118092/0012019-07-29 2019-09-27 accountancy permanent US New York New York 10036 USD 100000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A boutique hedge fund based in Manhattan is expanding and looking to add an Operations focused fund accounting professional to the finance team. This multifaceted role will give the right person an excellent opportunity to shape building their career as they see fit, with exposure across differing business unites in a real Start Up culture. This position would suit an entrepreneurial-minded candidate looking to further their career quickly in the hedge fund industry.
Responsibilities of a fund accountant include:
- Work with the CFO to manage accounting and finance processes for the business
- Fund monitoring and operational support (daily trade reconciliations, NAVs etc)
- Manage relationships across external fund administrators and prime brokers as well as across the spectrum internally
- Liaise with GC and legal/compliance team regarding regulatory reporting processes and requirements
As a fund accountant you will be:
- Experienced in either audit or accounting from the public accounting sphere, or from another fund
- Academically strong, with a relevant degree in finance/accounting/economics
- Highly proficient in Excel and will have strong relationship building skills
- Entrepreneurial, motivated and determined to grow your career
The above requirements do not restrict any candidates with relevant fund experience from applying. My client is an equal opportunities employer, and should you need assistance with applying for this position please get in touch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.