Manager - Legal entity Control
Salary $85,000 - $115,000 per year + Bonus
Location Jacksonville, FL, USA
Consultant Christopher Stringer
JobRef 122432/0012019-09-11 2019-11-10 banking permanent US Jacksonville Florida 32207 USD 85000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My Client, a global Financial Services company are looking to hire a Manager within their growing Legal entity Control function in Jacksonville. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with prior experience in financial reporting / legal entity control and a technical grasp of accounting principles, to progress their career within a company committed to advancing and progressing its staff, at a time of great growth for the firm.
This team has broad responsibilities including financial control, financial reporting and financial compliance. Managers in the Legal Entity Control team at play a key role in the overall management of designated legal entities. Their primary role is to support the financial controller or act as the financial controller to the Legal Entity and this requires a solid understanding of the businesses operating within the Legal Entity.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop a strong business understanding over time and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
- Extensive IFRS based financial reporting; preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting them with well-developed analytical reviews – both at Group and/or at subsidiary levels
- Regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control – monthly financial review of entity balances, attestation of all LE owned balances, impairment reviews, preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings
- Prepare and review balance sheet commentaries (quarterly), legal entity recaps and funding for transaction investments, as well as managing FX exposure and reviewing journals for hedging
- Review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior leaders in the finance and tax team
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities
- Ad hoc projects around identifying and implementing process improvements
Required skills / background
- Strong academic background with a minimum undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related subject
- CPA qualified (or equivalent) preferred
- Combination of public and private accounting experience preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with a strong focus on the technical / specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Consolidation / Group Reporting / Financial Statement Preparation & IFRS exposure is a key preference
- A willingness to work in different time zones to support requirements across geographies.
If this is a position you would like to talk through in more detail, please apply below.