Senior Internal Auditor
Salary $90,000 - $120,000 per year + Bonus
Location Chicago, IL, USA
Consultant Christopher Stringer
JobRef 121222/0012019-10-22 2019-12-20 financial-services permanent US Chicago Illinois 60606 USD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a global European Investment Management firm, who continue to grow their presence in North America, are now looking to build out their controls function in Chicago. They are currently looking to hire a senior auditor in to a position with great exposure across the business and very good potential for growth and development.
The successful applicant will be someone with a prior understanding of audit and controls and how these process can effectively be used to support and guide business lines rather than simply monitoring them. The successful applicant should have some prior understanding of Investment Management and an interest in progressing their career in this industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the aforementioned controls mindset to progress their career within a growing organization committed to the development and progression of its staff.
Core role requirements;
- Plan and execute assigned risk based operational and/or financial reviews of business processes
- Complete assignments within budgeted timeframes.
- Evaluate risk, document internal controls through discussions with process owners’ narrative write-ups, business process flowcharts, maps, etc. to determine compliance with policies and procedures,
- Communicate audit issues clearly, timely and concisely with Internal Audit management and staff as well as Company management and staff.
- Maintain Global Audit systems on a current basis and prepare project status reporting.
- Prepare detailed audit working papers ensuring that they are well organized, complete, clear, accurate, relevant, and sufficient
- Develop data interrogation software queries, execute queries, and interpret the results.
- Identify root causes of ineffective or inefficient practices and suggest workable/practical recommendations.
- Other ad hoc and ongoing duties (e.g., financial analyses, internal fraud/ethics investigations, consulting reviews), as assigned.
Background and key skills
- Strong academic background; minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA/CIA or equivalent qualification (or studying towards)
- 3+ years’ experience in internal/external audit or finance
- Prior experience in big 4 or top accounting firm preferred
- Investment Management: Experience in and interest in Investment Management Industry
- A comprehensive understanding of core accounting principles
- Data Analytics experience a plus
- Track record of successfully identifying and implementing process improvements